2012年8月8日 星期三

Land on Sydney

Land on Sydney

20-7-2012    Friday    Sunny  

       The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
                                                                                     --- St. Augustine 

        Fortunately,  I have this opportunity to open this massive book again. Of course, this is a chance to Cairns, Australia! :) I cannot wait to start my trip. After a nine-hour flight, finally I arrived at Sydney Airport! It was really and truly a weary flight. But,when I "felt" that the plane had landed on Sydney, I was extremely aroused! In deed, I had never been to Sydney before! That was my first trip to Australia! That means I am gonna experience something NEW! Hope that will be a exhilarating, fantastic and unforgettable journey.

        Oh my goodness! Our welcome present was the super freezing weather! It was extremely cold here. No matter how many clothes we have put on, we still felt cool... So, we first took a coach to our living place, a youth hostel which is near the Rocks. On the way to the hostel, we all SLEPT on the coach! Haha. This can definitely show how tired we were! When we reached the YHA, we all childishly thought we could have a long and comfortable rest there. Nevertheless, we were just daydreaming. EF had already arranged a series of activities for us! That was totally a bad news to us! Therefore, we put down our bulky luggage there and unwillingly prepared to go... Before that, we had a cup of hot drink to "recharge" ourselves. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate~ Nice chocolate! :-) I was so contented with the hot chocolate! That's the first meal I had in Australia. From that cup of chocolate, I discovered one thing about the food culture in Australia. That is, most of the people there prefer super sugary dessert/ drink!! The hot chocolate was too sweet for me. In Hong Kong, there would not have such a sweet hot chocolate. ^^ Okay then, we were ready to GO!

        More details of Day 1's activities will be talked about in the next journal!

Our first group photo before the flight!
Happy to have Maggie with us this time.
When we just arrived at Sydney, we all looked tired, right?
--- Taken outside the airport, right beside the bus stop!

       

沒有留言:

張貼留言