2012年8月23日 星期四

Trip to Cairns - Day 8

27-7-2012    Thursday    Sunny

        After enjoying a wonderful day on Green Island. A whole day lesson became a compensation for no lesson yesterday. We were hopeless since we knew that we were going to have whole day lesson today. But than, when we reached Sebel Hotel in which we supposed to have lesson. We found that there were no more extra rooms for us to study! At that moment, we were overjoyed and pleasantly surprised! It was because that was to say we would not have lesson! Lesson was cancelled! Hurray!

        Yet, we were just day dreaming... Dan, our class teacher got a brilliant in his mind. I knew he would not simply let us go... He decided to have lesson with us outside the school! He brought us to Esplanade and sit down under a massive shade of a tree. I was shocked at that moment. "How could we have lesson in the nature!? There were so many mosquitoes, ants and worms!!" Ashley complained. Although there were insects, I did not complain. It was because this was a good chance for me to get close to the nature. In this colourful world, we human beings are not the only creatures, there are a lot more co-existing with us. We should learn to respect them and accept them. That's what I learned these days when I was in the beautiful nature in Cairns. Moreover, I particularly treasure every opportunities to get close to the nature as I will not be able to have such rare chances in Hong Kong, the "Concrete Forest"! 

       I love being in nature. It refreshes my mind. It reminds me of what should I treasure. It teaches me what is to let every man speak well of the bridge that carries him over. I realized that chasing for spiritual life is much more valuable and crucial than material life.

        In the afternoon, we went to another EF school to practise EF dance again because we were going to perform a flash mob in front of the audience at the Lagoon to draw their attention! It's a really fun and interesting activity that I had never tried before in Hong Kong. Everyone was concentrated on the dance. We did a great job today! 

Flash mob at Lagoon  <-- Please kindly click this link to enjoy the video!

        Soon, it's night time. Ashley and I went home and prepare to go to a birthday party of the friends of our host family. We barbecued together and ate a delicious birthday cake. I found their friends very nice and passionate . They treated Ashley and me just like old friends. We spent a contented and hyper night together. I ate a lot of yummy food such as sausages, steaks and pop corn! I also met some new friends there! :)

        Then, we went home to have a rest!






        
















沒有留言:

張貼留言