2012年8月25日 星期六

Trip to Cairns - Day 11

30-7-2012    Saturday    Sunny

        Today was our last normal lesson and we are going to take a EFCELT Test tomorrow. In the lesson, we learnt about Australian animals. From today's lesson, I realized that koalas and kangaroos are not the only two kinds of animals in Australia. They are a lot more! I have not heard of some of their names before! For instance, there is sugar glider which is a bit like a rat, a bit like a cat, can fly from tree to tree and eats sweet things such as honey and nectar. And one more name I learnt today was Tasmanian Devil. What a cool name! This animal is the size of a small dog but very strong and powerful. It likes eating meat. However,  I want to see a platypus the most! I know that it looks very strange! :) Hope I can have a look of it when I came to Australia next time!

        In the afternoon, we had a photo scavenger hunt! At first, I thought it was quite boring! Afterwards, I found it quite challenging as we needed to go to different places and took the required photos. It's a tired and tough task! We ran a lot today! The funniest scene today was that we did not know what a cannon is. Then, we took out a camera of a brand name "Canon"! That's humorous, right? Although that's a bit wired, that showed how creative we were! Ha-ha!

        At night, we went to night market. We first ate dinner at a Chinese food court. There was food buffet restaurant which sells Chinese food. It had been a long time since I last had Chinese food (rice and noodles)! I missed these food so much. Today, I did not need to wait anymore. I could eat plain rice, fried eggs and Chinese style wings heartily! Nonetheless, it closed AUD $15 per box! That was to say it was almost HKD $120 per a box of Chinese food!! That's so expensive. Therefore, I shared it with Maggie and Ashley. As we had not eaten Chinese food for long, we put a lot in the box. The size of the food accumulated almost doubled the size of the box! After the yummy dinner, we walked around this night market. Ashley and I went into a shop which sells handicrafts. There were plenty of anklets and bracelets. I thought there were nearly thousands of ornaments! I struggled for a long time on which one should I choose! They all were so beautiful. I wanted them all! Then I went to a facial cream shop and brought one hand-cream and 1 lipstick for my mom. It's so nice that the shop-keeper gave me discount! Soon, the night went dark. When we were about to leave, we saw a magical evening beneath the bright stars. The sky was in purple colour! It's utterly glamorous... In fact, there was a gradual change of colours in the range from purple to orange! There were different layers and colour tones! 

        After that, we went home with Maggie. Unfortunately, we got off at a wrong place! Initially, we should get off in Panorama Street on Toogood Road. Even so, It was too dark, I could not distinguish the bus stop! Finally, the driver let us off at the end of Toogood Road and instructed us the way to walk back. At first, I was so so so afraid and puzzled that we would lose our way home. Yet, when I saw the charming stars and bright moon up on the sky. My worries were gone. Maggie, Ashley accompanied me! That was a bewitchingly beautiful starry night... The sparkling stars scattered all over the sky. I felt like I was in a fairyland... What's more, I thought the sky was very near to us as if I could touch that piece of wonderful "black cloth" and plucked one star on it! I did not feel scared anymore because I had those brilliant stars with me! At that time, we were like mariners, we charted our course by the stars...

        Finally, we went home safely. But Daniel, our host dad waited at the right bus stop to pick up us for a long time! :)    






























沒有留言:

張貼留言