2012年8月14日 星期二

Trip to Cairns - Day 2 (Sydney)

21-7-2012    Saturday    Rainy and Cloudy 

        Got pass a long full rest at the hostel, we were so energetic to start a brand new day! In the morning, we ate a "yummy and full" breakfast. We had toast and cereal for breakfast. Perhaps we had not got used to this kind of western food culture. We did not eat much in the morning. And also, some of us cannot drink milk so cereal did not fit them... Therefore, we felt hungry so soon!!
        
        Today, we went to Sydney Tower! In the Sydney Tower, I could appreciate the spectacular and dreamy three hundred and sixty degree round full view of Sydney! And you know, Sydney Tower is a very lofty building. Walking there seemed like flying in the sky! The feel was fantastic. Having a bird's eye view of Sydney was superb and grand. I would not be able to miss any little corner of Sydney! Every part of Sydney was now under my feet! How great it was! I could not control myself from exclaiming with excitement and bliss! However, as today's weather was not fine, all the photos taken were not that beautiful. what we captured were buildings with thick clouds and grey sky... But never mind, we enjoyed the dreamy scenery by hearts!
        

        And the next was our favourite time! We got SHOPPING TIME! I went to a shopping mall which is called Westfield with my roommate, Ashley. It is a very modern and enormous mall. There are good facilities such as seats for visitors, clean toilets, etc. And most crucial thing is the salespersons are nice, polite and willing to help visitors. Besides that, there are a lot of famous brands such as LV, Gucci... Moreover, there are shops selling elegant clothes, stylish shoes, mouth-watering desserts, sophisticated ornaments....  And the most important point is, they are SO desirable and attractive!!! I wanted them all. I wanna shop crazily there! But Stop! They are costly! I should not fritter money on luxury goods! So, what I did there is just window-shopping... Every time when we encountered a shop which we wanted to get in, Ashley went in. Nevertheless, I just stood outside. I dared not to go inside because I was afraid that I could not control myself. Then, change the attention to my roommate, Ashley. As she wanna buy a shoes from a brand Tomes. So we tried hard to search that shop out. However, we failed to do that! She was quite disappointed about that.

        After that, we went straight to the remarkable and well-known landmark of Sydney! That is Sydney Opera House! I had been looking forward to visiting this gorgeous place for long! Today, my dream came true! I was so excited to reach there and I cannot wait to see its grand appearance. We walked through several streets to reach there. It's quite tired but it's worth! When we were walking on the streets, I found that though Sydney is a modern city, there are still many antiquated buildings located on the streets. It's quite characteristic and special. I felt like I was in Britain's streets! That's amazing, right? On our way to the Sydney Opera House, I took photo with another celebrated spot, Sydney Harbour Bridge. The design of the bridge is excellent! It's tasteful and elegant... I was captivated and spellbound by its  outlook. After a few minutes, we arrived at Sydney Opera House! Wow!! It's so grand with tremendous momentum! Never have I seen such a superb building! I was totally impressed and spellbound by its stylish and special design. It is surpassingly beautiful. I was almost speechless when I saw this fascinated building! Not until you once get there will you marvel at its beauty...Nonetheless, it's a pity that we did not got a chance to go inside and watch a brilliant drama. That's the only blemish in an otherwise perfect thing! I must visit there once again in the future to repair this pity. 


        Soon, we walked to a place so-called the Pocks. It is called the Rocks because all the buildings there are made of rocks! That's interesting! I think this a very special place. It's quite unusual to have a place with is made of rocks in a modern city! There's a big contrast when the Rocks was being compared to the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I did enjoy walking there as it gave me a mood of carefree... I could temporarily put aside my pressure. Then, we took a spectacular boat cruise to admire the scenery of Sydney. But, as we were extremely exhausted with the crazy walk and shopping today, we had no mood to enjoy the scenery anymore.... Almost all of us slept on the boat! It's pretty comfortable to sleep on a boat! :)


        Time flies, tomorrow we are leaving Sydney for Cairns. Everything seemed pass in a blink of an eye... I know I am gonna miss this city a lot.   Not only do I love its culture, but I also love its people! Everything and everyone's wonderful there. This a dreamy place where I could release all my stresses! Anyways, only when one thing  ends will another thing starts. I am looking forward to my new adventure in Cairns! Hope I can discover more, seek more and explore more there. Cairns, here I go!

















沒有留言:

張貼留言