2012年8月23日 星期四

Trip to Cairns - Day 7

26-7-2012    Wednesday    Sunny

        I cannot calm down even at this moment staying at home!! Today was my first ever trip to the Great Barrier Reef. It is famous for the bright coloured corals which look like flowers. It is also the world's largest home for many birds and fish. Although we were just visiting a small island called Green Island, it' charisma is boundless and superb! I live it at my first sight! Not until you visit this charming island once by yourself will you discover is beauty.

        Early in this morning, Ashley and I got up so early and started to prepared plenty of sunscreen to put on to avoid getting sunburn. And we took our swimsuits from the bulky baggage. Beach attire, hat, bathers, towel, money and a CAMERA! When everything was ready, we couldn't wait to go! We left home exhilaratingly. You know, I could not sleep yesterday night as I was utterly excited about today's trip.

        This time, we took a cruise, "Big Cat" to Green Island. When I was on the boat on the way to Green Island. I was fascinated by the natural beauty of seas and mountains there. The landscape irritated my nerves. I found it difficult get rid of that engaging picture in my mind. At that moment, all of my stresses vanished!  I thought that's the MAGIC of the nature... It's great that the sea was calm and not so wavy today so that it did not affect my mood to appreciate such wonderful thing in the world. When I arrived at the sea on Green Island, I was speechless. It's so graceful that I could not explain with words. I felt touched with the gorgeous creations from god... The sea was rippling and sparkling. I was captivated by the piece of light blue in front of me. The sea melted into the sky! The light blue sea water is crystal-clear. We could see through the water and saw different patterns of sands under water. 

        The soft wind and lovely temperature today created a marvelous day for us. We all jumped into water without any hesitation. Yet! The sea water is damn salty! We shouted when we drank a little bit sea water. Having swam for a while, I felt tired. Then, I went ashore and played with the sand. I picked up some dead corals, funny shape stones and exquisite shells to take photos.

        What's more, we joined a glass bottom boat tour as well. As the bottom of the boat was transparent so we could see through the boat. I saw many different kinds of corals. I know some of them are called plate corals which shape like a plate. Some are brain corals which look like a person's brain. What special creature they are! In addition, I saw lots of tropical fish such as clown fish. When the boat driver cast some fish grains into the sea, a crowd of seagulls flew to eat them immediately. It's hard to capture them within just a few seconds. But, I did it!  
        Today, I took a lot of mesmerizing photos to capture to capture those unforgettable moments. Some say "Beautiful scenery + Fresh air = GOOD LIFE". I can't agree more! What a memorable day in my life!


















































沒有留言:

張貼留言